Saturday, April 7, 2018

The floor

We've been working on this house. All the floors had carpet. Most of the floors were covering hardwood, which merely required pulling and staple removal. The family room was a different story. The family room had carpet, but under the carpet was a layer of nasty 1960's linoleum  GLUED TO THE HARDWOOD. This first video is a time lapse of Lucy taking her turn chipping away at the top layer.
Then, Becky steamed off the gluey paper layer while wearing a gas mask, saving the work for while the rest of us were at work/school so as not to give us all mesothelioma. 

We didn't get a video of the sanding that took place next, but it necessitated a very large and powerful machine and produced about a full trash can full of sawdust. The staining took about 20 minutes.  Becky did the polyurethane, again to keep the rest of our lungs safe, which then required a couple nights at a hotel or grandma's house. 
Suck on that, Betty Foster.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello im trying to find out if ur mom(Deanna) is still around. I was a pt of hers a long time agao and I'm deal with some stuff that's rather important. and need records. Sorry I know weird. I did hear she passed away. And if thats the case I'm so very sorry and I'll feel like a total jerk. Idk you haven't written on here in awhile so hopefully u can get back to me. Thanks again and sorry if it wasn't very important I wouldn't be contacting u.