Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pachalla's Blade

This will be another conglomeration.
First: Cute baby.


Second: Cute girls snuggling while they slumber.



Third: Two girls doing dishes just like their mother does.

Fourth: The pacemaker. When I awoke early Tuesday to go to work, I felt an unusual amount of pacemaker activity. I continued to feel it at work whenever I sat down, so I put on one of the heart monitors and had a look at my rhythm (one of the perks of working on a telemetry unit). Indeed, my pacemaker was not behaving as usual, so I spoke with one of the cardiac nurses and one of the cardiologists and arranged to have mt pacer interrogated that afternoon.
Now, when I say "interrogated," I'm not necessarily talking about anything involving Dick Cheney or electrodes. Well actually, I guess it does involve electrodes, and I suppose there's really no way of knowing whether or not Cheney was involved.
So it turns out that my battery needed to be changed. When the battery is low, the pacemaker reverts to a power-saving mode in which it only fires in one chamber, and the minimum rate is 65. My lower rate had been set at 50. So, ironically, the power-saving mode was shocking me any time I stopped moving.
With some cajoling, I managed to get Dr. Sarat Pachalla to agree to switch out my pacemaker on Thursday. It's a good thing I know the man, because I seriously never saw the guy's face. I spoke to him briefly from under the surgical field, but then the drugs kicked in.
So here's number 2...
And here's number 3.

And here's some proof that our daughter is pretty much the most awesome.

4 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

Thanks for having Jeremy come play at your place today. I think he's excited to have a little girl of his own to climb all over him now :)

ecuakim said...

Wow. Glad you're safe and sound, Jon. And the girls are darling as always.

Allison said...

Your daughter gives me the willies. I can't watch it.

Alyssa said...

My favorite is the dish help. That one is cracking my up.