Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dreamers

Last night I dreamed that I was with my old roommate, Sarah (LaPray) Abbot, and we were trying to rescue Sam from a kidnapper. Luckily we were wizards and were able to use our wands to levitate the bad guys so that we could run underneath them and fly up into the tree. Unfortunately, I knew that the bad guy knew that we were in the tree because he was coyly singing "Oooo what a feelin'...to be dancin' on the ceilin'...". It wasn't a bad rendition.


When I was pregnant with Samantha, I had an unusual amount of scary dreams, but this one topped the stack. So...(I am now dreaming) I was sitting on my bed, feeling really worried about something, but I couldn't remember what it was, when all of the sudden a little furry ball comes flying at my face. It was trying to eat my face like a rabid squirrel. I couldn't get the pesky thing off of me. It just kept scurrying about my face trying to bite and kill me. It looked a lot like a Furby, those little fuzzy things with beaks for mouths. So anyways, I am wrestling with the little bugger for a frighteningly long time and all the while it is growling the words, "Family Genealogy, Family Genealogy." Finally I realized I just needed to pry open it's little beak and scream into it's mouth and all my problems would disappear. So I took the little greasy beak between my fingers and popped it open and screamed! This is when Jon woke up. He said he heard this:


And in honor of my little sister Chrissy, I can't leave out the fact that because of one particular dream while living in Chatsworth, I now LOVE rose-colored blinds. Believe me, that's all you want to know.


I have to make one comment about this video. This morning Sam asked for pancakes. I immediately responded and made her some because she usually won't eat anything at all for breakfast, so to ask for something was amazing. Anyways, notice that she is indeed NOT eating the pancakes. I guess she figures (correctly) that if she asks for syrup for breakfast I'll say no.

Doesn't she sound a bit like a dying cat?
P.S. Does anyone know how to get rid of those pesky little ants that seem to love my kitchen?

9 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

What is it with dreams? I think our brains are chemically altered to have p-s-y-c-h-o dreams. I loved the re-enactment by Jon, though. And I loved the dying cat sound. haha.

Aaron and Melissa said...

LOL!! I love it! I also had an unusual number of freaky dreams while pregnant! Your girls are so cute!!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud at your dream...The dying cat was fantastic! I miss you Becky! Your family is adorable.

JS said...

Wow she had a lot to say! Merrick sounds like that right now, and during the sacrament prayer today I thought I was going to die. He was SOOO loud! I love that you video her cute little sounds, even if they do sound like dying cats! (You can embarrass her by showing this to her future boyfriends.)

Jon and Becky said...

Yeah, she's not much of a crier, she just talks louder and louder and louder until you pay attention to her. If you take too long it turns into the dying-cat-scream.

Megan and Jeremy said...

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...
You know, it would have been much easier for Sam to eat all of her syrup with a spoon or a straw or something.
Reminds me of my childhood eating habits.....

ecuakim said...

Oh, gee, those pregnancy dreams... I dreamed (while prego with Clark) that I went into labor and when he was born, he was a cat (speaking of dying cat noises and all) but he could talk and sing opera. I of course had true misgivings because I had given birth, not to a boy, but to a cat and I wrestled with the idea of having to love the cat (I don't love animals) as much as I would love a baby boy. And, I couldn't figure out whether the cat was male or female. Man, that was a lousy night!

The Wynn Family said...

Dreams-- hummm good luck to you on those. The last one Brad had he was an army commander trying to save our family. Me I must be too tired because I don't think I have had a dream since Acadia was born.

As for the ants. We get them about 2 a year. They over take my kitchen bathrooms, bedrooms-- I HATE THEM! The only thing that works for us is TERRO but you have to let them gorge them selves on it for a day then Wahla they are gone-- Good luck!

Sarah said...

Becky-glad to hear you are dreaming of me. Too bad it's in crazy psycho dreams. Your kids are super cute. My kids trick is to convince me to let them do the syrup themselves. I always think I will be fast enough to limit the amount. But I'm not as fast as I used to be. It's fun to see your fam!!